The Confederacy of Valktarum is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by President Calkins with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, sprawling nuclear power plants, and pith helmet sales. The compassionate, devout population of 1.04 billion Valktarumians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Valktaria. The average income tax rate is 39.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Valktarumian economy, worth 114 trillion Valksmarks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 110,452 Valksmarks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Five-year-olds chanting "Little Miss Muffet" are accused of bullying arachnophobes, the nation faces constant invasions by foreign boy bands, citizens are exhausted from weekly general elections, and the carbon footprint falls along with the human footprint during war. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Valktarum's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Valktarum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Valktarum was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Dupanda.
- : Valktarum was endorsed by The Allied States of Driodal.
- : Valktarum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Valktarum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Valktarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Safe Disposal of Nuclear Waste".
- : Following new legislation in Valktarum, the carbon footprint falls along with the human footprint during war.
- : Following new legislation in Valktarum, citizens are exhausted from weekly general elections.
- : Following new legislation in Valktarum, the nation faces constant invasions by foreign boy bands.
- : Following new legislation in Valktarum, five-year-olds chanting "Little Miss Muffet" are accused of bullying arachnophobes.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Holota, Shuckle Empire, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Amerion, Yaravia, Blondiesland, Beblahbleblo, Tepertopia, Tsunamy, Bawkie, Nowa Europa, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Sou Avida, Bleakfoot, Treir, Farengeto, Arscanesia, Land Without Shrimp, Chernaya Zvezda, Rebel-topia, Wehraboos, Corgitopiaa, PenguinPies, Anatasha, Eleuthelrium, Shefino, Ebonhand, Kanatian Percocet, Drew Durrnil, The Haughtherlands, Willing Mind, Erstavik, Volaworand, Castraebar, Holy Free, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, A Place Somewhere, Donat Invadia, Kringalia, Andinla, Aidenfieeld, Damn Frigid Wastelands, Sedunn, Zataras, Concrete Slab, Esterwood, Flumenvallis, South Pernambuco, Froshar, Leimarite Empire, and 8 others.Great Lothian, Tyrantistica, TescoPepsi, Eae, Shadeth, Antwerpen1, Driodal, and Dupanda.