|Leader||Emperor Frederick Albert I|
The Empire of Valansten is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Emperor Frederick Albert I with a fair hand, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, ubiquitous missile silos, and irreverence towards religion. The democratic population of 1.351 billion Valanstenians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kötenberg. The average income tax rate is 63.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Valanstenian economy, worth 166 trillion Steinders a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 123,206 Steinders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations, crowded passenger trains are near-silent save for the soft tap of fingers on touchscreens, tourists outnumber citizens two to one, and crackheads chase drug-loaded drones in hopes of a lucky drop. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Valansten's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Valansten voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Confederacy of Layem".
- : Valansten voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Safe Disposal of Nuclear Waste".
- : Following new legislation in Valansten, crackheads chase drug-loaded drones in hopes of a lucky drop.
- : Following new legislation in Valansten, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- : Following new legislation in Valansten, crowded passenger trains are near-silent save for the soft tap of fingers on touchscreens.
- : Valansten was endorsed by The Republic of Antwerpen1.
- : Valansten was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Valansten was endorsed by The Kingdom of Shadeth.
- : Following new legislation in Valansten, sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations.
- : Following new legislation in Valansten, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
Endorsements Received: 103 » Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, PenguinPies, Concrete Slab, Holota, Beblahbleblo, Corgitopiaa, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Anatasha, Shuckle Empire, Amerion, Tepertopia, Nowa Europa, Land Without Shrimp, Yaravia, Bawkie, Bohenia, Bleakfoot, Westenhald, Treir, Holy Free, Arscanesia, Jehenna, Wehraboos, Drew Durrnil, Tsunamy, America Gone Wrong, Farengeto, Hanguk-Nippon, Raidener, The Haughtherlands, Immund, Jaznhujkel, Cucutenium, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Achemar, Kanatian Percocet, Malmsia, Stephastan, New Qafedemar, Canmore, Abarri, Soem, Cereskia 2, Mauricean Islands, Imperium Sempiternum, The republic of Konsa, Tioloman, Aidenfieeld, Steviland, and 53 others.Depressed Nation, GreaterLeafland, Volaworand, United States of Belvaria, Ancient Slobovia, Bod Wareenaland, Noire Denholm, Dovan Con Kabizzores, Wildweststan, Los Lonley Boys, Linguiniland, Walloonia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Rebel-topia, Ebonhand, Ragabania, Chernaya Zvezda, Banglazstrogaria, Sou Avida, Darakin, Eleuthelrium, Akimera, A Place Somewhere, Noimosini, Confederacy of Kua Toine, Elora Nation, Willing Mind, Ever Testing, Erstavik, Venezia Pacifica, Berusturg, Mavenu, Donat Invadia, Andinla, Damn Frigid Wastelands, Sedunn, Skaladoria, Ipugao, Esterwood, Ostavaria, Leimarite Empire, Brazilian impero2, Froshar, Zataras, Great Lothian, Tyrantistica, Alrone, Bistritza, Comfed, TescoPepsi, Eae, Shadeth, and Antwerpen1.