|Leader||Emperor Richard McGregor|
The Kingdom of Urumpia is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Emperor Richard McGregor with an iron fist, and notable for its pith helmet sales, frequent executions, and flagrant waste-dumping. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.23 billion Urumpians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Montevideo. The average income tax rate is 49.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Urumpian economy, worth 277 trillion British Pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 124,646 British Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Internal strife within the Red Bloc crumbles in the face of fiery rhetoric, senior citizens are often found slaving away in factories, science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous, and diplomatic fallout tends to be much more dangerous than radioactive fallout. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Urumpia's national animal is the tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Urumpia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Urumpia, diplomatic fallout tends to be much more dangerous than radioactive fallout.
- : Following new legislation in Urumpia, science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous.
- : Following new legislation in Urumpia, senior citizens are often found slaving away in factories.
- : Urumpia was endorsed by The Republic of Antwerpen1.
- : Following new legislation in Urumpia, internal strife within the Red Bloc crumbles in the face of fiery rhetoric.
- : Following new legislation in Urumpia, the nation operates a "finders-keepers" policy with other nations' citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Urumpia, an endless multinational bureaucracy connects the Red Bloc.
- : Following new legislation in Urumpia, the intelligence community is playing 4-D chess with an imaginary spy network.
- : Following new legislation in Urumpia, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
Endorsements Received: 81 » Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Holota, Beblahbleblo, The Worst army of, Corgitopiaa, Amerion, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Faria Thew, Bleakfoot, Nowa Europa, Bawkie, Westenhald, New Sanet, Tepertopia, Wehraboos, Kiani, PenguinPies, Anatasha, Concrete Slab, Holy Free, Beepee, Farengeto, Drystar, West Pastafaria, Ebonhand, Damn Frigid Wastelands, Saciu, Sandaoguo, Yaravia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Kringalia, Rebel-topia, Drew Durrnil, Arvan Irawer, The naked people, Darakin, Hanguk-Nippon, Gonrati, Cereskia 2, The Haughtherlands, Arscanesia, Immund, Achemar, Kanatian Percocet, Tsunamy, Sou Avida, Eleuthelrium, Elora Nation, and 31 others.Willing Mind, Makinius, Ever Testing, Erstavik, Volaworand, A Place Somewhere, Mavenu, Donat Invadia, Castraebar, Zataras, Bonobiana, Kricivk, Sedunn, Ipugao, Flumenvallis, Esterwood, South Pernambuco, Leimarite Empire, Brazilian impero2, Froshar, Chernaya Zvezda, Saint Roberts, Great Lothian, Tyrantistica, ARIAPOLIS01, Comfed, TescoPepsi, Eae, Bistritza, Shadeth, and Antwerpen1.