The Republic of Uroborosa is a massive, socially progressive nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, free-roaming dinosaurs, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 1.653 billion Uroborosans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Urabesh. The average income tax rate is 83.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Uroborosan economy, worth 207 trillion Uroborosan pieces a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 125,410 Uroborosan pieces, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Voting is compulsory, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, attendance of fathers at PTA meetings is at an all-time high, and on graduation day the hats thrown in the air fly high enough to stun passing pigeons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Uroborosa's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Uroborosa, on graduation day the hats thrown in the air fly high enough to stun passing pigeons.
- : Following new legislation in Uroborosa, attendance of fathers at PTA meetings is at an all-time high.
- : Following new legislation in Uroborosa, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town.
- : Following new legislation in Uroborosa, voting is compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Uroborosa, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars.
- : Following new legislation in Uroborosa, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- : Following new legislation in Uroborosa, wealthy pranksters dump refuse on unsuspecting citizens from up high.
- : Uroborosa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates and Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Uroborosa, the government supplies ragtag bands of resistance fighters in exchange for vague promises of future payment.
- : Following new legislation in Uroborosa, money that should have gone to charities is instead spent on monitoring them.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Yaravia, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, PenguinPies, Holota, Shuckle Empire, Corgitopiaa, Drew Durrnil, Amerion, Beblahbleblo, Tepertopia, The naked people, Land Without Shrimp, Aidenfieeld, Ebonhand, Bawkie, Arvan Irawer, Nowa Europa, Treir, New Sanet, Westenhald, Anatasha, Wehraboos, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Kringalia, Holy Free, Hanguk-Nippon, Darakin, Gonrati, Ambirich, Immund, Cereskia 2, The Haughtherlands, Arscanesia, Concrete Slab, Farengeto, Rebel-topia, Sandaoguo, Venezia Pacifica, Achemar, Kanatian Percocet, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Tsunamy, Eltrora, Eleuthelrium, Shefino, A Place Somewhere, Sou Avida, Willing Mind, Ever Testing, Volaworand, and 20 others.Donat Invadia, Doge Land, Great Lothian, Sedunn, Zataras, Esterwood, Flumenvallis, Leimarite Empire, Froshar, Chernaya Zvezda, Saint Roberts, The republic of Konsa, Prokuror, Tyrantistica, Petea, Comfed, Ariapolis01, Eae, Bistritza, and Shadeth.