The People's Republic of Uniconia is a massive, cultured nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.007 billion Uniconians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 90.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Uniconian economy, worth 84.3 trillion Astras a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 83,675 Astras, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Preschools put children down for naps with milk, cookies, and a gruesome story of vengeance, the old neighbourhood isn't how most Uniconians remember it, teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank, and the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies. Crime is totally unknown. Uniconia's national animal is the Unicorn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Uniconia was endorsed by The United Soviet States of Flying-Penguins.
- : Uniconia was endorsed by The People's Republic of Repolaa.
- : Uniconia was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Belarusball.
- : Uniconia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Uniconia was endorsed by The Community of Heitoria.
- : Following new legislation in Uniconia, the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies.
- : Following new legislation in Uniconia, teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank.
- : Uniconia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Valoptia.
- : Uniconia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in Uniconia, the old neighbourhood isn't how most Uniconians remember it.
Endorsements Received: 26 » Vulga, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Whatevernext, Shamian, Soviet State of Covernant, Feyrisshire, Brauengen, Terlas, Pangeaeae, Bibliophilius, Mallissa, Council of America, The Bon Fa Islands, Kethania, Wice, The Steephills, Karelianastan, 104 Partisans, The Movion, Arpol, Halsoni, Socialist Balkon, Vinidad, Heitoria, Repolaa, and Flying-Penguins.