The Democratic Republic of Uldar Union is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Senate with a fair hand, and notable for its infamous sell-swords, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.096 billion Uldar Unionians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lisboa. The average income tax rate is 96.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Uldar Unionian economy, worth 345 trillion Uriupnings a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 164,702 Uriupnings, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Nine out of ten citizens of Uldar Union answered 'nuclear safety inspector' when asked their occupation, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed, the official Uldar Unionian Phrase Book weighs as much as a small child, and it's a long jump to get onto the housing ladder. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Uldar Union's national animal is the Bee, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Uldar Union was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Uldar Union endorsed The Kaiju fan addict of Othenhiem.
- : Following new legislation in Uldar Union, it's a long jump to get onto the housing ladder.
- : Following new legislation in Uldar Union, the official Uldar Unionian Phrase Book weighs as much as a small child.
- : Following new legislation in Uldar Union, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in Uldar Union, nine out of ten citizens of Uldar Union answered 'nuclear safety inspector' when asked their occupation.
- : Following new legislation in Uldar Union, a bill to outlaw math homework has been submitted.
- : Uldar Union was endorsed by The Kaiju fan addict of Othenhiem.
- : Following new legislation in Uldar Union, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age.
- : Following new legislation in Uldar Union, the nationalised Arms Manufacturing Industry is not interested in making weapons.
Endorsements Received: 66 » The Champions League, GanymedEuropa, Imperium Anglorum, Grodisze, Abject Ludicrosity, Ausvelt, Northern German Federation, Elisabethshagen, Yahlia, Invernessia, Saint Domingo, Shaor, Destyntine, Pilipinas and Malaya, Savinecross, Walfo, Someseni, The Seven Provinces, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Irminsulia, St Scarlett, Republic of Satherland, Galway-Dublin, Thracia Republic, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Socialist Balkans, Regnum Italiae, The New Nordic Union, Outer Sparta, Leranditale, Dark Matter, An Clar, North of Americas, Jim the Baptist, The Kingdom of Denmark, Nardin, Jahass, Sloburg, Mons Graupius, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Chioganah, NorthPortugal, Meropis, Rivierenland, Gor Kebab, Prussian-Union, Crestphalia, Trixeland, The New Mexican Confederation, Kanokla, and 16 others.The Young Ur, Kyrica, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Uzbek Khan, Eski, Valtrona, Apabeossie, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Brakanistan, Anskerdank, Enway, Continental Social Democrats, Berlin and Potsdam, United Communes of Chile, and Othenhiem.