The Kingdom of Ugarite is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Eagle Chevron with an even hand, and renowned for its prohibition of alcohol, anti-smoking policies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 2.234 billion Ugariteans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ugarite City. The average income tax rate is 50.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Ugaritean economy, worth 201 trillion Talons a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 90,161 Talons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cash-strapped politicians frequently host bake sales to fund their campaigns, unshaven men are viewed with suspicion in courts of law, neighboring nations are tired of Ugarite's big fish stories, and murderers frequently escape punishment by claiming they were protecting their honour. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ugarite's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ugarite was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Ugarite's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Ugarite was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans and Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Ugarite's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Ugarite was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Ugarite ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Ugarite was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Wolffoxia.
- : Ugarite was endorsed by The Republic of GrayingOut.
- : Ugarite was endorsed by The Republic of Parpyduckland.
- : Ugarite was endorsed by The Kingdom of Radicaster.