The Federation of Tyurmia is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, otherworldly petting zoo, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 919 million Tyurmians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Healthcare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 55.4%.
The Tyurmian economy, worth 53.0 trillion Lemurianoes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 57,721 Lemurianoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Basket-weaving is the nation's latest fad, attendance of fathers at PTA meetings is at an all-time high, access to the woods is only granted to those who bring a small shrubbery, and one complaint of Tyurmia's new periodic table is it's easy to confuse fearlessleaderium with gloriousleaderium. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tyurmia's national animal is the Velociraptor, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tyurmia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Dupanda.
- : Tyurmia was endorsed by The Allied States of Driodal.
- : Tyurmia was endorsed by The Allied States of Bistritza.
- : Tyurmia was endorsed by The Republic of Antwerpen1.
- : Tyurmia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Shadeth.
- : Tyurmia was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Eae.
- : Tyurmia was endorsed by The Trans Rights of Eggraria.
- : Tyurmia lost the endorsement of The Trans Rights of Eggraria.
- : Following new legislation in Tyurmia, one complaint of Tyurmia's new periodic table is it's easy to confuse fearlessleaderium with gloriousleaderium.
- : Following new legislation in Tyurmia, access to the woods is only granted to those who bring a small shrubbery.
Endorsements Received: 55 » Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Corgitopiaa, Holota, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Sou Avida, Drew Durrnil, Yaravia, Jehenna, Tepertopia, Blondiesland, Beblahbleblo, Land Without Shrimp, PenguinPies, Willing Mind, Bleakfoot, Nowa Europa, Bawkie, Ever Testing, Erstavik, Wehraboos, Arscanesia, Tsunamy, The Haughtherlands, Amerion, Indolos, Kringalia, Rebel-topia, Volaworand, Castraebar, Holy Free, Ebonhand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Mavenu, A Place Somewhere, Donat Invadia, Farengeto, Aidenfieeld, Damn Frigid Wastelands, Sedunn, Concrete Slab, Esterwood, Zataras, Froshar, Leimarite Empire, Chernaya Zvezda, Saint Roberts, Great Lothian, Tyrantistica, TescoPepsi, Eae, and 5 others.Shadeth, Antwerpen1, Bistritza, Driodal, and Dupanda.