|Leader||Edgar Allan Toad|
The People's Republic of Toaddia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Edgar Allan Toad with an even hand, and notable for its lack of airports, smutty television, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, humorless population of 6.185 billion Toaddians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — prioritizes Education, with Administration, Law & Order, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Toad Town. The average income tax rate is 97.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Toaddian economy, worth 798 trillion Toads a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 129,051 Toads, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Racehorses move a lot slower these days, parents are fined for sending their children to take out the trash after sunset, 3D printed organs are a breath of new life for the sick and elderly, and politicians preface their speeches with a declaration that any resemblance to speeches given by individuals living or dead is purely coincidental. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Toaddia's national animal is the Toad, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Toaddia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Toaddia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Marrabuk".
- : Toaddia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
- : Toaddia endorsed The Commonwealth of Berlin and Potsdam.
- : Toaddia endorsed The République of Continental Social Democrats.
- : Toaddia endorsed The Славиданшо of Othenhiem.
- : Following new legislation in Toaddia, politicians preface their speeches with a declaration that any resemblance to speeches given by individuals living or dead is purely coincidental.
- : Following new legislation in Toaddia, 3D printed organs are a breath of new life for the sick and elderly.
- : Following new legislation in Toaddia, parents are fined for sending their children to take out the trash after sunset.
- : Following new legislation in Toaddia, racehorses move a lot slower these days.
Endorsements Received: 108 » The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Ahma, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Irminsulia, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, GanymedEuropa, Thracia Republic, The New Nordic Union, Northern German Federation, St Scarlett, South St Maarten, Dark Matter, Feria-Alkaline, Imperium Anglorum, Germany Third Reich, An Clar, Thracia and Crimea, Soviet Krussia, Wombelland, North of Americas, Slavorussia, Cytadela, Regnum Italiae, Jim the Baptist, Supcotia, Outer Sparta, Slavonia and Srijem, Republic of Satherland, Pilipinas and Malaya, Chioganah, Leranditale, Kenmoria WA Mission, Nardin, Purgatio, Soviet Taoistan, The Greater Eastern Republic, Neuchateau, British Norklon, The Wretched of this Earth, Alsted, Lovisa, Mallesia, Stromia, Walfo, The Mongol Plain, Lord Sapre, Solteur, Bareu, Nuweland, and 58 others.Apollonivm, Dauershire, Bohomo, Prussian-Union, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, The Champions League, Invernessia, Someseni, Chronus, Elisabethshagen, Savinecross, Sloburg, Grodisze, Destyntine, The Seven Provinces, Ausvelt, Socialist Balkans, Abject Ludicrosity, Betasia, Dalmannia, Shaor, The Kingdom of Denmark, Canovium, Northwest Isles, Greater Albaina, Jahass, Sienkahn, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Athens But Better, Yoannes, Meropis, Rivierenland, Crestphalia, The New Mexican Confederation, Enway, Apabeossie, Owlograd, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Trixeland, Kanokla, The Young Ur, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Eski, Zarulia, Eco-Paris Reformation, Valtrona, Mynox, Dorenstad, Super Happy Land, Galway-Dublin, Brakanistan, Othenhiem, Transthysciam, Monte Naranja, Continental Social Democrats, Leszno, and Berlin and Potsdam.