The Minarchy of Thetlia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Estevan Res with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, pith helmet sales, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 2.474 billion Thetlians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Antlerica. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Thetlian economy, worth 321 trillion Federal Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 130,078 Federal Dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 425,018 per year while the poor average 29,931, a ratio of 14.2 to 1.
Legislation sometimes has to battle through weeks of filibustering to pass, the government sends submarines to retrieve bodies from shipwrecked submarines, only Estevan Res's friends count in the eyes of the government, and a major piece of minority legislation allows a majority of minority interests to majorly undermine majority politics. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Thetlia's national animal is the Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thetlia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Crime Rates.
- : Thetlia changed its national motto to "Our Freedom is Strength".
- : Following new legislation in Thetlia, a major piece of minority legislation allows a majority of minority interests to majorly undermine majority politics.
- : Thetlia resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Thetlia, only Estevan Res's friends count in the eyes of the government.
- : Thetlia endorsed The Federation of Saint Nations.
- : Thetlia endorsed The Republic of Lisokyo.
- : Thetlia endorsed The Federal Republic of Vayshnoriya Islands.
- : Thetlia endorsed The Queendom of Dolorado.
- : Thetlia endorsed The Republic of United Kolane.