The Constitutional Monarchy of Theilan2 is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its state-planned economy, sprawling nuclear power plants, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 589 million Theilan2ians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dickinson. The average income tax rate is 70.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Theilan2ian economy, worth 45.3 trillion Crowns a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Cheese Exports industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 76,921 Crowns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Arthritic surgeons with tremulous fingers reassure patients that they are in safe hands, all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave, ersatz chicken has left the nation's citizens with a bad taste in their mouths, and attendance of fathers at PTA meetings is at an all-time high. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Theilan2's national animal is the Bald Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Theilan2, attendance of fathers at PTA meetings is at an all-time high.
- : Following new legislation in Theilan2, ersatz chicken has left the nation's citizens with a bad taste in their mouths.
- : Theilan2 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Theilan2 endorsed The Empire of Ever Testing.
- : Theilan2 endorsed The Cayon Democratic Republic of Altnavia.
- : Following new legislation in Theilan2, all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave.
- : Following new legislation in Theilan2, arthritic surgeons with tremulous fingers reassure patients that they are in safe hands.
- : Following new legislation in Theilan2, overhead luggage compartments on planes sometimes conceal dimunitive intelligence officers.
- : Following new legislation in Theilan2, members of the government all have oddly similar anecdotes about their childhoods.
- : Following new legislation in Theilan2, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters.
Endorsements Received: 74 » Yaravia, Beblahbleblo, Ever Testing, Bawkie, Holota, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Aidenfieeld, Corgitopiaa, Land Without Shrimp, Bleakfoot, Chernaya Zvezda, Wehraboos, Arscanesia, New American Dictatorship, Gracca, Holy Free, Cucutenium, Esterwood, Tepertopia, Kringalia, Farengeto, PenguinPies, Ebonhand, Froshar, Leimarite Empire, Nowa Europa, A Place Somewhere, Volaworand, Seythennia, Shefino, Goom Bay, The republic of Konsa, Great Lothian, Sismite, Immund, Tyrantistica, ARIAPOLIS01, Amerion, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Curlyhoward, Jehenna, Shadeth, Antwerpen1, New Plant, A leftover country, The Island of Sorna, Bear Connors Paradiso, Shintoese, Tyflugian, Driodal, and 24 others.Aschenburg, Dupanda, Taigama, Gennaretia, Rhetiaa, Yellunstryer, The Two Jerseys, Nova Montron, Petea, Sedunn, Rebel-topia, South Pacifican Kilendjj, Eggraria, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Nouvel Empire, Sureiya, Willing Mind, Treir, Tsunamy, The Haughtherlands, MaPetiteFille, TescoPepsi, Evinea, and Altnavia.