The United Island Republics of of The Zombay is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Tyros Newman with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, rampant corporate plagiarism, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 16.264 billion Zombayans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Réma. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 87.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Zombayan economy, worth a remarkable 3,503 trillion Euros a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an amazing 215,425 Euros, with the richest citizens earning 5.9 times as much as the poorest.
The people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, litter collection has replaced fast food as the most popular after-school job, game show contestants scramble to fish trash out of the South Axolotl Sea, and commuters and their desktops both bemoan their hard drives. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Zombay's national animal is the Axolotl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Zombay endorsed The United Socialist States of Utopian Tomorrowland.
- : Following new legislation in The Zombay, commuters and their desktops both bemoan their hard drives.
- : Following new legislation in The Zombay, game show contestants scramble to fish trash out of the South Axolotl Sea.
- : Following new legislation in The Zombay, litter collection has replaced fast food as the most popular after-school job.
- : Following new legislation in The Zombay, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- : The Zombay was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Utopian Tomorrowland.
- : The Zombay voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "National Economic Freedoms"".
- : Following new legislation in The Zombay, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.
- : The Zombay voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Europeia"".
- : The Zombay endorsed The Republic of Bruhland.
Endorsements Received: 86 » Le Libertia, Samuelstani, Mancheseva City, Deliber, Havenwelle, Caffeinated, Geektopia, Free Rosabell, Gabingston, P0ptr0pica, Bursken, Raghallaigh, West Wirral, Royal Alchemia, Scaletta, Coloamerica, Arvigiel, Tital Mania, Zakanda, SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, Arqhua, Voxum Mortalum, Dark Edgyness, Eloscape, Pirataria, Lethen, Polgaria, Gooblaria, Poquaoi, Almendron, Akeland, Barcelona and Girona, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Paulotzia, Mediocrea, Caleban, Brickfield, The Lost Men, Kingdom of Stargard, Estingberg, Ganud, Cato2, Thaumania, Turpotia, Spartacistan, Astrellan, Gemeinschaftsland, Stefoland, Freelandy, Old Aweic Wirs, and 36 others.Myotatunto, Cutias, United-Marrshmallows, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Freeeee, Precisely Nothing, Siburian, Zecklandia, Unidoria, The Militarist States of America, South Parter, Thice Frostalt, Acapais, Murden, Skyhawk Clan, Kurvix, Selgary, Maowi, Saturnia Tellus, Paxlond, Votokia, Nilao, Prov, Aevana, Pland Adanna, Kluyatia, Katkasistan, Penlopa, Primorye Oblast, Korektonon, Malevos, Dat Countreh, Tsiamuns Velleniouss, Land of Bobtopia, Bruhland, and Utopian Tomorrowland.