|Capital||The Commune of Marxigrad|
The Socialist Union of The Wretched of this Earth is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, ban on automobiles, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 869 million Wretched of this Earthians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Commune of Marxigrad. The average income tax rate is 81.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Wretched of this Earthian economy, worth 67.6 trillion Popular Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is 77,846 Popular Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to The Commune of Marxigrad to enjoy their national art, beaches are empty as the shark population multiplies exponentially, sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Wretched of this Earth's national animal is the Ant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in The Wretched of this Earth, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- : Following new legislation in The Wretched of this Earth, sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations.
- : Following new legislation in The Wretched of this Earth, beaches are empty as the shark population multiplies exponentially.
- : Following new legislation in The Wretched of this Earth, Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to The Commune of Marxigrad to enjoy their national art.
- : The Wretched of this Earth voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : The Wretched of this Earth was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : The Wretched of this Earth was endorsed by The Bat Benevolent Church of Jim the Baptist.
- : The Wretched of this Earth lost the endorsement of The Bat Benevolent Church of Jim the Baptist.
- : Following new legislation in The Wretched of this Earth, the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused.
- : Following new legislation in The Wretched of this Earth, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of The Wretched of this Earth's radio stations.
Endorsements Received: 144 » Neuchateau, Viciebskaja, Imperium Anglorum, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, The Seven Provinces, Feria-Alkaline, Republic of Satherland, St Scarlett, Chioganah, Outer Sparta, Thracia Republic, Troltovia, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Kenmoria WA Mission, An Clar, The Champions League, Irminsulia, Toaddia, Greate San Marino, Northern German Federation, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, The New Nordic Union, Apabeossie, Pilipinas and Malaya, Elisabethshagen, GanymedEuropa, Alsted, Slavorussia, Gingera, Lovisa, Dauershire, Super Happy Land, Novo Portugal, Einswenn, Libertyca, Galway-Dublin, Quentenia, Slavonia and Srijem, Dark Matter, Ansington, Falvaard, Lieges, The Kingdom of Denmark, Mallesia, Free Furentenia, WaffleEmpire, Milfgaerd, British Norklon, Supcotia, and 94 others.Regnum Italiae, Saiwania, Germany Third Reich, Bohomo, Bahnhofstrasse, Stromia, Umeria, Cherised Lands of Galicia, Kaspinia, Monkistan, Nuweland, Wombelland, Durlia, Permorania, Mantcor, The Ivory Tower of Academia, Alba-Nord, Walfo, Goldenbourg, New Ylicia, Greater Tomland, Dalmannia, Invernessia, Shagolaa, Andreapol, Wiener-Neustadt, Balto-League, Pollica, The Mongol Plain, Bluenstein, United Polarity, The Pagan Moon, Miharr, Baycanistan, Lyallpur, Romana Imperium de Italia, The Peoples Republic of Suffolk, Eritei, Maanenland, Blechingia, Hertogenbosch, Kingdom Of Krakow, Kalifer and Baska, Porury, Parliamentary Laramidia, Chefactastyan, Domton, Rouvenor, Greater Albaina, Andyvania, Lord Sapre, Kanokla, Nea Europa, South St Maarten, Puerto Thelosia, Beauprix, Treehound, Liberal Federal Republic Germany, Soviet Taoistan, Trixeland, British Alban, Carphelia, Socialist Balkans, Estonesia, Velosia, Weltbeherrschung, Wessex and Cornwall, Nieuw Gent, New Rickiland, Aragonja, Far Lim Ter, Gopnikiya, Thracia and Crimea, Volara, North of Americas, Belmoren, Leranditale, Migurson, Boldia, Litalia Vala, Pazano, Egyptian Mamluk Sultanate, Preusses, Stukilo, Arsenial, Arorska, Enway, Neo-Europa, Nookville, Brakanistan, Hirota, Elitestland, Sienkahn, and Jim the Baptist.