The Socialist Republic of The Soviet Union States is a huge, genial nation, ruled by President Ortega with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, frequent executions, and public floggings. The compassionate, devout population of 899 million Soviet's have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Havana. The average income tax rate is 66.5%.
The very strong Soviet economy, worth 66.0 trillion Soviet Rubles a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 73,377 Soviet Rubles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
It's never "just a game" with Soviet sports fans, panels from bankrupt rooftop solar companies are used as props for sci-fi B-movies, parents ask their ten-year-olds for help with their government-mandated book reports, and there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Soviet Union States's national animal is the Llama, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Soviet Union States was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : The Soviet Union States updated the World Factbook entry in Socialist Block.
- : The Soviet Union States granted posting privileges on the Socialist Block Regional Message Board to nations in embassy regions.
- : The Soviet Union States agreed to construct embassies between Socialist Block and Latinoamerica Libre.
- : The Soviet Union States agreed to construct embassies between Socialist Block and Greater Middle East.
- : The Soviet Union States renamed the office held by The Dictatorship of Allied States of Russia from "Vice- Chairman of the Regional Military" to "Vice-Chairman of the Regional Military" in Socialist Block.
- : The Soviet Union States removed Border Control authority from The United Socialist States of Dominican Republic and Haiti as Chairman of Regional Foreign Relationships in Socialist Block.
- : The Soviet Union States appointed The United Socialist States of Dominican Republic and Haiti as Chairman of Regional Foreign Relationships with authority over Border Control, Communications, and Embassies in Socialist Block.
- : The Soviet Union States appointed The Republic of Republica Bolivariana de Venezuela as Chairman of Regional Economic Development & Strategy with authority over Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Socialist Block.
- : The Soviet Union States suppressed a post on the Socialist Block Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Socialist Gran Colombia.