|Leader||Queen Lava of the Lava Turtle|
|Animal||Green Sea Turtle|
The Island Kingdom of The Lava Turtle is a huge, safe nation, ruled by Queen Lava of the Lava Turtle with a fair hand, and renowned for its ban on automobiles, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 966 million Lava Turtlians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Turlava. The average income tax rate is 55.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving a Lava Turtle economy, worth 87.4 trillion Fire Shells a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 90,430 Fire Shells, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Lava Turtle has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, A Lava Turtle tourists are encouraged to hand out spare condoms to locals while on vacation, hedge fund managers are diversifying into herbaceous borders, and onions have been banned due to their tendency to cause eye irritation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. The Lava Turtle's national animal is the Green Sea Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Lava Turtle's influence in Isles of Lava and Space fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : The Lava Turtle was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : The Lava Turtle approved the World Assembly proposal "Missing child act".
- : The Lava Turtle approved the World Assembly proposal "Emergency Alert System Creation Act".
- : The Lava Turtle approved the World Assembly proposal "Reducing Disease Vectors".
- : The Lava Turtle approved the World Assembly proposal "Provisional Rule in Wartime".
- : Following new legislation in The Lava Turtle, onions have been banned due to their tendency to cause eye irritation.
- : Following new legislation in The Lava Turtle, hedge fund managers are diversifying into herbaceous borders.
- : Following new legislation in The Lava Turtle, A Lava Turtle tourists are encouraged to hand out spare condoms to locals while on vacation.
- : The Lava Turtle agreed to construct embassies between Isles of Lava and Space and Fredonia.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Time-Space Continuum.