|Leader||The Lord Emperor|
The Empire of The island of Kiria is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Lord Emperor with an iron fist, and remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, pith helmet sales, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 26.063 billion Kirians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kiria. The average income tax rate is 57.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kirian economy, worth a remarkable 6,478 trillion Golden Doubloons a year, is quite specialized and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 248,571 Golden Doubloons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Signs at the border tell international drivers where they can put their cars, national park visitors are reporting a rash of poison ivy sightings, economic output is rising as the chronically depressed are persuaded not to burden society, and vast amounts of energy are expended moving water to hilltop lakes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The island of Kiria's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Imperialism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The island of Kiria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : The island of Kiria was endorsed by The Space Empire of Tassirion.
- : The island of Kiria was endorsed by The Ayalat of Nociav.
- : The island of Kiria was endorsed by The Interuniversal Civilization of Aivintis.
- : Following new legislation in The island of Kiria, vast amounts of energy are expended moving water to hilltop lakes.
- : The island of Kiria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Noble Thatcherites".
- : The island of Kiria was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : The island of Kiria's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Page".
- : Following new legislation in The island of Kiria, economic output is rising as the chronically depressed are persuaded not to burden society.
- : Following new legislation in The island of Kiria, national park visitors are reporting a rash of poison ivy sightings.