The Republic of The End Is Always Near is a massive, safe nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, daily referendums, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed population of 3.161 billion End Is Always Nearians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 26.2%.
The End Is Always Nearian economy, worth 129 trillion rupees a year, is led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Furniture Restoration, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 41,108 rupees, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
Society and government have been organized according to a feudal hierarchy, armed war-criminals gain asylum if deemed 'fabulous' enough, literally voiceless people are unable to protest when food and water are denied to them, and citizens are exhausted from weekly general elections. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The End Is Always Near's national animal is the dolphin, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The End Is Always Near resigned from the World Assembly.
- : The End Is Always Near's influence in Cydonia rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : The End Is Always Near relocated from Artificial Solar System to Cydonia.
- : The End Is Always Near endorsed The United States of Beauty In Fuchsia.
- : The End Is Always Near was endorsed by The United States of Beauty In Fuchsia.
- : The End Is Always Near was endorsed by The Republic of A time traveller 1.
- : The End Is Always Near was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Swarkles.
- : The End Is Always Near was endorsed by The Sultanate of Vex8.
- : The End Is Always Near was endorsed by The Texan State Park of Stephen F Austin SP.
- : The End Is Always Near endorsed The Empire of Impressive Power.