The Empire of The drews is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by drew durnil with an iron fist, and remarkable for its parental licensing program, prohibition of alcohol, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.47 billion not gamers are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of los angeles. The average income tax rate is 44.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming watchers economy, worth 178 trillion Drewistan Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Furniture Restoration, Trout Farming, and Pizza Delivery. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 121,260 Drewistan Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
In life full of care there is no time to stop and stare, Merry Birthday is a popular protest song despite the risk of fines and royalty dues, the most common doctor's prescription is "get out of my consulting room", and the nation's air defense strategy is two-dimensional. Crime is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. The drews's national animal is the monke drew, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Drewdaism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The drews was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : The drews voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Confederacy of Layem".
- : Following new legislation in The drews, the nation's air defense strategy is two-dimensional.
- : Following new legislation in The drews, the most common doctor's prescription is "get out of my consulting room".
- : Following new legislation in The drews, Merry Birthday is a popular protest song despite the risk of fines and royalty dues.
- : Following new legislation in The drews, in life full of care there is no time to stop and stare.
- : Following new legislation in The drews, brain injury is seen as a desirable outcome rather than a side effect of contact sports.
- : The drews was endorsed by The Republic of Antwerpen1.
- : The drews was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector and Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : The drews was endorsed by The Kingdom of Shadeth.
Endorsements Received: 69 » Tepertopia, Aidenfieeld, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Yaravia, Hanguk-Nippon, Anatasha, Holota, Beblahbleblo, Shuckle Empire, Corgitopiaa, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Amerion, Land Without Shrimp, Bawkie, Nowa Europa, Ambirich, Wehraboos, Westenhald, Holy Free, Arvan Irawer, Piscantium, Cereskia 2, PenguinPies, Concrete Slab, Arscanesia, Drew Durrnil, Kringalia, Farengeto, Raidener, Immund, The Haughtherlands, Rebel-topia, Sandaoguo, Achemar, Kanatian Percocet, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Ebonhand, Sou Avida, The Woragopiria, Tsunamy, Darakin, Eleuthelrium, Shefino, A Place Somewhere, Willing Mind, Ever Testing, Erstavik, Volaworand, Castraebar, Donat Invadia, and 19 others.Doge Land, Albeville, Sedunn, Esterwood, Froshar, Leimarite Empire, Chernaya Zvezda, Great Lothian, Prokuror, Sismite, Petea, Tyrantistica, Comfed, TescoPepsi, Bistritza, Eggraria, Eae, Shadeth, and Antwerpen1.