The Commonwealth of The Drakan Republic is a colossal, genial nation, renowned for its anti-smoking policies, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical population of 5.788 billion Drakans are ruled with an iron fist by the socialist government, which grants its people the freedom to do whatever they like so long as it doesn't involve getting richer than anybody else or challenging the government.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Boca Drakan. The average income tax rate is 84.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Drakan economy, worth 456 trillion Draks a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 78,936 Draks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The entire entry for The Drakan Republic in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless', the government is a proud sponsor of the National Gaming Association, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, and Jennifer Government is a bestseller. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Drakan Republic's national animal is the naga, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Drakan Republic's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : The Drakan Republic's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The Drakan Republic was refounded in Osiris.
- : The Drakan Republic ceased to exist in The South Pacific.
- : The Drakan Republic was endorsed by The Empire of Fankuwo.
- : The Drakan Republic was endorsed by The Kingdom of Shadeth.
- : The Drakan Republic was endorsed by The Trans Rights of Eggraria.
- : The Drakan Republic was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : The Drakan Republic was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Eae.
- : The Drakan Republic was endorsed by The Republic of Gennaretia.