The Democratic States of Thaumania is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Thaumar with a fair hand, and renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.74 billion Thaumanians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Administration, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thaumatropolis. The average income tax rate is 77.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Thaumanian economy, worth 137 trillion Thaumas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Automobile Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 78,882 Thaumas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's politicians are acknowledged as the most polite in the region to the dismay of comedians everywhere, invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days, books are so highly regarded in Thaumania that libraries are often revered as holy shrines, and the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thaumania's national animal is the Parrot, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Yobanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Thaumania, the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies.
- : Following new legislation in Thaumania, books are so highly regarded in Thaumania that libraries are often revered as holy shrines.
- : Following new legislation in Thaumania, invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days.
- : Thaumania was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Gertyx.
- : Thaumania endorsed The Liberal utopistic federation of Decnotixa.
- : Thaumania was endorsed by The Liberal utopistic federation of Decnotixa.
- : Following new legislation in Thaumania, the nation's politicians are acknowledged as the most polite in the region to the dismay of comedians everywhere.
- : Following new legislation in Thaumania, libraries are replacing history books and classic novels with technical manuals and trades directories to match the nation's changing demands.
- : Thaumania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rights for Crime Victims Act".
- : Thaumania withdrew its vote on the World Assembly Resolution "Rights for Crime Victims Act".
Endorsements Received: 69 » Deliber, Le Libertia, Lethen, Raghallaigh, New Mercia and Helena, Mancheseva City, Ganud, Almendron, Voxum Mortalum, Poquaoi, Cortlandt Manor, Brickfield, Polgaria, Caffeinated, Beriwen, Cato2, Pirataria, Turpotia, Free Rosabell, Royal Alchemia, Gooblaria, Spartacistan, Mediocrea, Zakanda, Caleban, United-Marrshmallows, P0ptr0pica, Astrellan, Pland Adanna, Gemeinschaftsland, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Tital Mania, Arvigiel, Stefoland, Paulotzia, Old Aweic Wirs, Myotatunto, Eloscape, Estingberg, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Siburian, The Lost Men, Zecklandia, Nairatania, Unidoria, The Militarist States of America, South Parter, Acapais, Thice Frostalt, Murden, and 19 others.Kurvix, Dead Warrior Daddy, Maowi, Saturnia Tellus, Paxlond, Prov, Freelandy, Aevana, Votokia, Penlopa, Northeastern Italian, Primorye Oblast, Turkesbenizstan, Malevos, Dat Countreh, Tsiamuns Velleniouss, Land of Bobtopia, Decnotixa, and Gertyx.