|Leader||Jenny Owen Youngs|
The Unwavering Band of Light of Terestia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Jenny Owen Youngs with a fair hand, and remarkable for its compulsory vegetarianism, frequent executions, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.028 billion Pirates love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Your Apartment. The average income tax rate is 70.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Already Gone economy, worth 51.7 trillion sadgirl hours a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Retail and Tourism. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 25,495 sadgirl hours, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Workers of "fairweather faith" claim six months of paid leave for holy days per year, people don't want any foreign rubbish, the 'three Rs' have become the 'four Rs' with the addition of Rightful Thought, and factories are regularly demolished to make way for low-cost housing areas. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Terestia's national animal is the Simplebot, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is O God.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Terestia resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Terestia's influence in The United Federations rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Terestia endorsed The Asdian Empire of Dabberwocky.
- : Terestia relocated from Artificial Solar System to The United Federations.
- : Terestia was endorsed by The FREE 1997 KROMER LAND of SPAMTON REPUBLIC JUL1.
- : Terestia was endorsed by The Inexplicable Chaos of Murder Stab Kitty.
- : Terestia was endorsed by The Allied States of William and Holmes.
- : Terestia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Achlys 88.
- : Terestia was endorsed by The Empire of Semper 82.
- : Terestia was endorsed by The Republic of Radiant Sword 72.