The People's Republic of Tappan Hills is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its daily referendums, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 3.043 billion Tappan Hillsians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cadiz. The average income tax rate is 56.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Tappan Hillsian economy, worth 418 trillion Dollarydoos a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 137,491 Dollarydoos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Police struggle to solve crimes due to the lack of fingerprint records, fiscal policy hawks decry the sizable "panem et circenses" fund added to the public budget, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field, and it is not politically correct to suspect that a serially convicted burglar might steal again. Crime is totally unknown. Tappan Hills's national animal is the Possum, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tappan Hills's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Tappan Hills's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Tappan Hills was refounded in Osiris.
- : Tappan Hills ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Tappan Hills was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Tappan Hills's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Tappan Hills was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Tappan Hills was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Tappan Hills's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Tappan Hills was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.