The Republic of Talaria is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 2.396 billion Talarians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 71.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Talarian economy, worth 283 trillion talarian dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 118,174 talarian dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options, sometimes a whole prison wing will house a single prisoner, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of, and almost half of the child population live rough on the streets. Crime is totally unknown. Talaria's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Talaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Talaria, almost half of the child population live rough on the streets.
- : Talaria endorsed The Kingdom of Arenado.
- : Talaria endorsed The Asexual Republic of Liruslau.
- : Talaria was endorsed by The South Pacifican Commonwealth of Toerana III.
- : Talaria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Talaria was endorsed by The Anti-Racist Nation of Monkelandd.
- : Talaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Talaria was endorsed by The Federation of Prairiland.
- : Talaria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
Endorsements Received: 19 » Arthenas, Oswald State Correctional Facility, Sho, Ayeinc, Zentata, Czech Germania, Jerkania, Carlia, Obossania, Imperio Lautiriano, Tirr Savattstra, Antwilla, Thucydide, Adelora, The 3nd German Republic, Arenado, The Gilded Star, Prairiland, and Monkelandd.