The United Socialist States of Svetlakia is a colossal, cultured nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 5.313 billion Svetlakians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Herzberg. The average income tax rate is 94.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Svetlakian economy, worth 737 trillion credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 138,737 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, builders across Svetlakia are blocked up with orders for new public loos, shoppers have literally had their hands full since plastic bags were banned, and the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy. Crime is totally unknown. Svetlakia's national animal is the cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Svetlakia's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Svetlakia relocated from Osiris to The North Pacific.
- : Svetlakia's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Svetlakia's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Svetlakia's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Svetlakia's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Svetlakia altered its national flag.
- : Svetlakia was refounded in Osiris.
- : Svetlakia ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Svetlakia was endorsed by The Done DEal of IsiMUd.