The Principality of Sparhawkia is a colossal, safe nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, otherworldly petting zoo, and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic population of 5.077 billion Sparhawkians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 75.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sparhawkian economy, worth 510 trillion squirreals a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 100,616 squirreals, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Lip-readers are often left perplexed by political rallies, Bigtopian interference in domestic elections is always democratically sanctioned, dog owners proudly declare that their pups can predict when the mailman will arrive, and a widely accepted trade policy is "tit-for-tat". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sparhawkia's national animal is the squirrel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sparhawkia's influence in Europeia rose from "Unproven" to "Page".
- : Sparhawkia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Sparhawkia relocated from Osiris to Europeia.
- : Sparhawkia was refounded in Osiris.
- : Sparhawkia ceased to exist in Europeia.
- : Sparhawkia was endorsed by The Federation of Kurvix.
- : Sparhawkia was endorsed by The Dauphinate of Murden.
- : Sparhawkia was endorsed by Taskete.
- : Sparhawkia was endorsed by The Free Land of Thice Frostalt.
- : Sparhawkia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.