The Utilitarian Republic of Sozlanden is a massive, safe nation, ruled by LKY with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, smutty television, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cheerful population of 3.123 billion Sozlandenians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bentham. The average income tax rate is 16.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Sozlandenian economy, worth 568 trillion Utils a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 182,140 Utils, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Lines of trenches demarcate the nation's borders, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, the government's giant servers are often used as a tourist trap, and the delay between passed legislation and real world implementation is often a decade or longer. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sozlanden's national animal is the Sealion, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sozlanden was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Sozlanden voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Confederacy of Layem"".
- : Sozlanden voted for the World Assembly Resolution "End Collective Punishment".
- : Following new legislation in Sozlanden, the delay between passed legislation and real world implementation is often a decade or longer.
- : Sozlanden endorsed The Allied States of Driodal.
- : Sozlanden was endorsed by The Allied States of Driodal.
- : Following new legislation in Sozlanden, the government's giant servers are often used as a tourist trap.
- : Sozlanden was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in Sozlanden, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle.
- : Following new legislation in Sozlanden, lines of trenches demarcate the nation's borders.
Endorsements Received: 105 » Marinho Islands, Beblahbleblo, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Tepertopia, Corgitopiaa, Concrete Slab, Auphelia, Beepee, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Ebonhand, Nowa Europa, Bleakfoot, Holota, Bawkie, Treir, Westenhald, Canmore, Wehraboos, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Doundaly, Amerion, Danily, Holy Free, PenguinPies, Indolos, Anatasha, New Sanet, Tsunamy, Kiani, Drystar, Farengeto, West Pastafaria, Jehenna, Freedoom, Saciu, Damn Frigid Wastelands, United States of Belvaria, Skaladoria, Sandaoguo, Yaravia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Kringalia, Rebel-topia, Drew Durrnil, Shefino, The naked people, Darakin, Hanguk-Nippon, Volaworand, and 55 others.Gonrati, Arvan Irawer, Immund, Cereskia 2, The Haughtherlands, Arscanesia, Andrendia, Achemar, Kanatian Percocet, Stephastan, The Woragopiria, Cucutenium, Ragabania, Chernaya Zvezda, Banglazstrogaria, Sou Avida, Eleuthelrium, Ranra, A Place Somewhere, Abarri, Willing Mind, Makinius, Ever Testing, Erstavik, Andinla, Linguiniland, Mavenu, Donat Invadia, Aurcania, Sedunn, Zataras, Venezia Pacifica, Ipugao, Esterwood, South Pernambuco, Leimarite Empire, Oppalli, Froshar, Alaninia, Goom Bay, Blondiesland, Baron Ungern and Tzar Nicholas, Karimata, Bonobiana, Brazilian impero2, Saint Roberts, Great Lothian, TescoPepsi, Tyrantistica, Comfed, Kaldosky, Eae, Shadeth, Antwerpen1, and Driodal.