|Faith||Cult of Marvolo|
The Dictatorship of Soviet Socialist Anglia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Marvolo with an iron fist, and renowned for its infamous sell-swords, ubiquitous missile silos, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, cynical population of 4.447 billion Anglians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. The average income tax rate is 93.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Soviet Socialist Anglian economy, worth 385 trillion Pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology. Average income is 86,732 Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Marvolo's luxurious new home has been designated as a protected cultural heritage site, religious households enthusiastically use whips in private, finding half a worm in your apple is an arrestable offense, and cremation is compulsory for the deceased. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Soviet Socialist Anglia's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Cult of Marvolo.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Soviet Socialist Anglia was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Belarusball.
- : Soviet Socialist Anglia was endorsed by The Republic of People freedom China.
- : Soviet Socialist Anglia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn The Black Hawks"".
- : Following new legislation in Soviet Socialist Anglia, cremation is compulsory for the deceased.
- : Following new legislation in Soviet Socialist Anglia, finding half a worm in your apple is an arrestable offense.
- : Following new legislation in Soviet Socialist Anglia, religious households enthusiastically use whips in private.
- : Following new legislation in Soviet Socialist Anglia, Marvolo's luxurious new home has been designated as a protected cultural heritage site.
- : Following new legislation in Soviet Socialist Anglia, the only science is political science.
- : Soviet Socialist Anglia endorsed The SSR of The Steephills.
- : Soviet Socialist Anglia endorsed The Federal Republic of Karelianastan.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Brauengen, Grand Pato, Remel1a, Shamian, Vulga, Kethania, Keltische, Soviet State of Covernant, Pangeaeae, Bibliophilius, Mallissa, The Bon Fa Islands, Wice, Rohvenn, The Steephills, Karelianastan, 104 Partisans, The Movion, Halsoni, Arpol, Socialist Balkon, Vinidad, and People freedom China.