The Dictatorship of Soviet Acadia is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical, devout population of 407 million Soviet Acadians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 75.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Soviet Acadian economy, worth 4.65 trillion Rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Automobile Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 11,429 Rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
School uniforms are compulsory, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public, kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles, and euthanasia is illegal. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Soviet Acadia's national animal is the Beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Soviet Acadia's influence in The Drago Den rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Soviet Acadia's influence in The Drago Den rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Soviet Acadia's influence in The Drago Den rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Soviet Acadia's influence in The Drago Den rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Soviet Acadia relocated from The Rejected Realms to The Drago Den.
- : Soviet Acadia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : The Federal republic of Imperial Dhoutaland dismissed Soviet Acadia as Magical Boy of Democratic Unity.
- : Soviet Acadia relocated from Democratic Unity to The Rejected Realms.
- : Soviet Acadia was ejected and banned from Democratic Unity by The Federal republic of Imperial Dhoutaland.
- : Soviet Acadia's influence in Democratic Unity fell from "Page" to "Shoeshiner".