The United Socialist States of Sovieka is a huge, safe nation, notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, sprawling nuclear power plants, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, cynical population of 382 million Soviekans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sickledonia. The average income tax rate is 74.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Soviekan economy, worth 22.1 trillion Copics a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 57,939 Copics, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Young children are learning advanced physics to scientifically disprove the existence of Santa Claus, Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume, the canal flows through the land like a twisty turny thing, and a sledgehammer and a spray can are seen as the default tools of political debate. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sovieka's national animal is the Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sovieka was endorsed by The Pristine Blue Waters of Namakan.
- : Following new legislation in Sovieka, a sledgehammer and a spray can are seen as the default tools of political debate.
- : Following new legislation in Sovieka, the canal flows through the land like a twisty turny thing.
- : Following new legislation in Sovieka, Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume.
- : Sovieka voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Sovieka was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Following new legislation in Sovieka, young children are learning advanced physics to scientifically disprove the existence of Santa Claus.
- : Following new legislation in Sovieka, the police use sound cannons and mortars to deal with loud parties.
- : Following new legislation in Sovieka, scientists are researching the best way to kill off humanity to prevent catastrophic war.
- : Following new legislation in Sovieka, banning party poppers has been a real party pooper.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Valentian Elysium, Tills, Tamsalin, Kuriko, Northern Nivaria, Krystalveil, Hellenic Exusia, Vivolkha, West Whale, Solarampa, Wysrod, The Pipiles, A Country Run by Scientists, Bumrum, New Fania, Athontia, Lesbi, Dekatu, City of Saint Nicolas, The Soylent Green Party, Randopian, Republic of Karskarovyt, New Wesburg, The Pizza, Ao Kuang, The Republic of Osea, Recon Island, Galoamar, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Histerrion, Ehrgeizig, Isentran, Evertopia, Dustwind, AciaciaMont, Anisopterra, Point Comfort Colony, Drewish, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Wakanchi, Liberdon, New CHOP, Bortheria, and Namakan.