The Crown Dependency of South Sulphur is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Lord Narrows with an even hand, and notable for its national health service, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, devout population of 6.212 billion Sulphurites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hogsport. The average income tax rate is 96.1%.
The frighteningly efficient South Sulphurian economy, worth 932 trillion Krystals a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 150,156 Krystals, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are required to report any and all incidents of prayer to their local Religious Affairs Officer, gay couples have to travel to Brancaland to find a church that will actually let them wed, hospitals have poor data security but send lots of bodies to be encrypted, and authorities are looking for a stool pigeon to rat out who is stealing food from pigeon toilets. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. South Sulphur's national animal is the Blue Hog, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : South Sulphur voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : South Sulphur voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : South Sulphur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : South Sulphur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : South Sulphur endorsed The United Kingdom of Newfounndland.
- : South Sulphur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Regulation on the Integrity of Genetic Data".
- : South Sulphur endorsed The People's Republic of Durkingistan.
- : South Sulphur was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : South Sulphur was endorsed by The People's Republic of Durkingistan.
- : South Sulphur endorsed The United States of United Statesof The West.