The Borderlands of Somew is a colossal, socially progressive nation, notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, parental licensing program, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 8.157 billion Somewians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 38.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Somewian economy, worth a remarkable 1,651 trillion marks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 202,414 marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The digital money revolution has cashed out, money grows on trees, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes, and vegetables are crisper thanks to CRISPR. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Somew's national animal is the leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Somew, vegetables are crisper thanks to CRISPR.
- : Following new legislation in Somew, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes.
- : Somew's influence in The Graveyard rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Somew was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Somew's influence in The Graveyard fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Somew voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Following new legislation in Somew, money grows on trees.
- : Following new legislation in Somew, the digital money revolution has cashed out.
- : Following new legislation in Somew, the nation's democracy attracts huddled masses yearning to breathe free.
- : Somew was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
Endorsements Received: None.