|Leader||The Democratic Tyrant|
The Dominion of Solek is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by The Democratic Tyrant with an iron fist, and notable for its prohibition of alcohol, public floggings, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 5.102 billion Solekians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Savareen. The average income tax rate is 68.9%.
The very strong Solekian economy, worth 460 trillion Zunoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 90,173 Zunoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.9 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens can only enjoy the splendor of the natural world in designated 'Majesty Appreciation' zones, turning eighteen is often referred to as the 'Age of Aquarius', there's nothing more gay than bleeding for your nation, and The Democratic Tyrant's told that love often manifests itself through homicidal four-lettered litanies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Solek's national animal is the Red Panda, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Kyratism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Solek was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular, Most Eco-Friendly Governments, Most Beautiful Environments, and Best Weather.
- : Following new legislation in Solek, The Democratic Tyrant's told that love often manifests itself through homicidal four-lettered litanies.
- : Following new legislation in Solek, there's nothing more gay than bleeding for your nation.
- : Following new legislation in Solek, turning eighteen is often referred to as the 'Age of Aquarius'.
- : Following new legislation in Solek, citizens can only enjoy the splendor of the natural world in designated 'Majesty Appreciation' zones.
- : Following new legislation in Solek, home renovation shows are increasingly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Solek, Red Panda is one of the most popular forenames in Solek.
- : Following new legislation in Solek, literature classes frequently go on field trips to rock concerts.
- : Following new legislation in Solek, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours.
- : Following new legislation in Solek, funeral mourners ridesharing with the deceased are encouraged to sit on the coffin to save room.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Marrabuk, VW53Aland, Todd McCloud, Brotherland, East Malaysia, Goodnamesarerare, The Empire of Rijelv, Pakitsk, Axdel, Dragons Blood, Lingu, The Three States of Fortuna, A mean old man, New Leganes, Coruh, Oofery, Ridann, Asendavia, Debluu, Rainbow Vests, BearStackof2015, Eastern Alksearia, Enlil, Dravida India, Wakeopolis, Fellon, Spiruvania, Vessarlian, From New World, Rhealaliit, North Bernia, Veterans Association, ArenaC, Aquyia, Formaro, Hizuru, Layngderfleethe, In Insulam Autem Sanguis Et Magia, Aivintis, Canadian Technocrats, Modra, Albrook, Arcadiam, Evrigenis, Blobon, Mardom, Rikos Isles, Nevertopia, Tassirion, The Marlands, and 8 others.Merlovich, The Wallenburgian World Assembly Offices, Nociav, Frankinstan, Isole Ionie, Gernmark, Verconia, and Money for ever.