The Republic of Sodlad is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons, compulsory military service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The quiet, industrious population of 632 million Sodladians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 65.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Sodladian economy, worth 33.8 trillion Soddish Troms a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Tourism, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 53,425 Soddish Troms, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People wouldn't be seen dead without their guns, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property, relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly, and the nationalistic national anthem inspires citizens to literally spit at foreigners. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sodlad's national animal is the Lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sodlad's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Following new legislation in Sodlad, the nationalistic national anthem inspires citizens to literally spit at foreigners.
- : Sodlad's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Sodlad's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Sodlad's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Sodlad, relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly.
- : Sodlad was refounded in Balder.
- : Sodlad ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Sodlad was endorsed by The Ecclesiocracy of Holy Oranz.
- : Sodlad was endorsed by The Republic of Nouvelle-Floride.