The Federation of Socialist Balkans is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Charis Mortescu with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, soft-spoken computers, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 1.431 billion Socialist Balkansians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Pella. The average income tax rate is 88.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Socialist Balkansian economy, worth 192 trillion Euros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 134,338 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prisoners regularly escape detention posing as scarecrows, royalist is the most offensive slur in the Socialist Balkansian language, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars, and airplanes have giant grilles on their noses to knock drones out of their path. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Socialist Balkans's national animal is the squirrel, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Socialist Balkans, airplanes have giant grilles on their noses to knock drones out of their path.
- : Following new legislation in Socialist Balkans, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars.
- : Socialist Balkans was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Rhinowolf.
- : Socialist Balkans was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Carignanum.
- : Socialist Balkans's influence in Europe rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Socialist Balkans endorsed The United Kingdom of The Anrica.
- : Following new legislation in Socialist Balkans, royalist is the most offensive slur in the Socialist Balkansian language.
- : Following new legislation in Socialist Balkans, prisoners regularly escape detention posing as scarecrows.
- : Socialist Balkans was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Socialist Balkans was endorsed by The United Kingdom of The Anrica.
Endorsements Received: 114 » Imperium Anglorum, Yahlia, Death Bat, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Saint Domingo, St Scarlett, Regnum Italiae, Thracia Republic, Ahma, Troltovia, Slavonia and Srijem, Greate San Marino, Irminsulia, Republic of Satherland, Pilipinas and Malaya, Northern German Federation, The New Nordic Union, Outer Sparta, Thracia and Crimea, The Seven Provinces, Kaspinia, Naifon, Baycanistan, Monkistan, Belgique et France, Volara, Nevelja, Bohomo, Dorpz, Stukilo, Saiwania, Dauershire, Libertyca, Purgatio, Kenmoria WA Mission, Carphelia, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Feria-Alkaline, Bahnhofstrasse, Dark Matter, The Champions League, Wombelland, Apabeossie, Pazano, Mantcor, Brakanistan, Slavorussia, Supcotia, An Clar, Leranditale, and 64 others.Nidowe, Chioganah, GanymedEuropa, Viciebskaja, The Kingdom of Denmark, Soviet Taoistan, British Norklon, Romana Imperium de Italia, Scravovia, Aslicuria, Gingera, Elisabethshagen, Suissen, Alsted, Lovisa, Novo Portugal, Mallesia, Free Furentenia, Andyvania, WaffleEmpire, Thils, Greater Albaina, Stromia, Walfo, Anskerdank, Porury, The Wretched of this Earth, Shagolaa, Preusses, Rijland, Lord Sapre, Novum Hesperia, Enway, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Einswenn, Nookville, Sienkahn, Elitestland, Permorania, Godefargen, Miharr, New Rickiland, Poland-Kaliningrad, IllyrianAlbania, Nardin, Sloburg, Slovanov, North of Americas, Kanokla, Saltmead, Swillinia, Legique, South St Maarten, The Mongol Plain, Jim the Baptist, Ostermarch, The Pagan Moon, Nuweland, Prussian-Union, Solteur, Pollica, The Anrica, Carignanum, and Rhinowolf.