The Republic of SmokeyStack is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Smokey with an iron fist, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, public floggings, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 3.355 billion SmokeyStackians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 87.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming SmokeyStackian economy, worth 398 trillion Stacks a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Tourism, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 118,682 Stacks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
The nation operates a "finders-keepers" policy with other nations' citizens, 'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the SmokeyStackian Space Agency, twins move across the country to avoid being accused of the other's crimes, and supermarkets must refund spoilt milk even six months after the sale. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. SmokeyStack's national animal is the Stackian, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in SmokeyStack, supermarkets must refund spoilt milk even six months after the sale.
- : Following new legislation in SmokeyStack, twins move across the country to avoid being accused of the other's crimes.
- : Following new legislation in SmokeyStack, 'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the SmokeyStackian Space Agency.
- : SmokeyStack was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector and Highest Average Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in SmokeyStack, the nation operates a "finders-keepers" policy with other nations' citizens.
- : SmokeyStack was endorsed by The Republic of Antwerpen1.
- : Following new legislation in SmokeyStack, the nation's first space rocket -- sponsored by Eckie-Ecola and shaped like an enormous soda bottle -- is being developed.
- : Following new legislation in SmokeyStack, vacationing SmokeyStackians expect to be treated as royalty.
- : Following new legislation in SmokeyStack, home renovation projects take decades to complete.
- : Following new legislation in SmokeyStack, Smokey is famed for giving great back rubs.
Endorsements Received: 89 » Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Corgitopiaa, Beblahbleblo, Holota, Amerion, Tepertopia, Land Without Shrimp, Aidenfieeld, Shuckle Empire, New Sanet, Bleakfoot, Westenhald, Nowa Europa, PenguinPies, Beepee, Wehraboos, Concrete Slab, Holy Free, Kricivk, Farengeto, Drystar, Katikstan, Ebonhand, Saciu, Damn Frigid Wastelands, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Truskawkoland, Tsunamy, Sandaoguo, Yaravia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Kringalia, Bawkie, Rebel-topia, Laamiva, Drew Durrnil, Equal and United Scientists, Flumenvallis, The naked people, Darakin, Auphelia, Hanguk-Nippon, New American Dictatorship, Aurcania, Gonrati, Arvan Irawer, Nori Natto, Ostavaria, Ambirich, Cereskia 2, and 39 others.The Haughtherlands, Arscanesia, Immund, Achemar, Stephastan, Kanatian Percocet, Respackjakenrhace, Sou Avida, Eltrora, Eleuthelrium, Shefino, Willing Mind, Makinius, Ever Testing, Erstavik, Volaworand, Castraebar, A Place Somewhere, Donat Invadia, Sedunn, Skaladoria, Esterwood, Leimarite Empire, Froshar, Chernaya Zvezda, Saint Roberts, The republic of Konsa, Great Lothian, Prokuror, Doge Land, Tyrantistica, Petea, Comfed, TescoPepsi, Democratic Chanum Ter Heak, Eggraria, Eae, Shadeth, and Antwerpen1.