The Confederacy of Slovanov is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Črtomir with an even hand, and notable for its national health service, compulsory military service, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 2.003 billion Karantancev have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Krnski grad. The average income tax rate is 10.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Karantanec economy, worth 249 trillion Menjava dobrins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Gambling. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 124,519 Menjava dobrins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Little children cry as their rainbow drawings are seized by the Straight-Thought Police, the state auctions off combat drones to fund war reparations, vanity is considered the fifth cardinal virtue, and the government loves seeing the little people fight. Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Slovanov's national animal is the Karantanski panter, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Poganstvo.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Slovanov, the government loves seeing the little people fight.
- : Following new legislation in Slovanov, vanity is considered the fifth cardinal virtue.
- : Following new legislation in Slovanov, the state auctions off combat drones to fund war reparations.
- : Following new legislation in Slovanov, little children cry as their rainbow drawings are seized by the Straight-Thought Police.
- : Following new legislation in Slovanov, even in a one-horse town police are as common as fleas on a stray dog.
- : Slovanov was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Slovanov, the number of deaths due to poor fungus identification is mushrooming.
- : Following new legislation in Slovanov, the justice of Slovanov is considered superior to that of other nations.
- : Following new legislation in Slovanov, people are often woken up by rubbish music.
- : Following new legislation in Slovanov, extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals.
Endorsements Received: 58 » The Seven Provinces, Ausvelt, The Champions League, Invernessia, The New Nordic Union, Walfo, St Scarlett, Northern German Federation, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Elisabethshagen, Abject Ludicrosity, Thracia Republic, Someseni, Dark Matter, Savinecross, GanymedEuropa, Leranditale, Socialist Balkans, Shaor, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, New Petra, An Clar, Republic of Satherland, Irminsulia, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, North of Americas, Jim the Baptist, Regnum Italiae, Leszno, Canovium, The Kingdom of Denmark, Nardin, Jahass, Destyntine, Sloburg, Mons Graupius, Old World Order, Imperium Anglorum, Outer Sparta, Azitupia, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Meropis, Rivierenland, Prussian-Union, Crestphalia, Trixeland, The New Mexican Confederation, Kanokla, The Young Ur, and 8 others.Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Eski, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Northwest Isles, Asparagusia, and Enway.