The Armed Republic of Skorvalia is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 406 million Skorvalians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rock Bottom. The average income tax rate is 38.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Skorvalian economy, worth 19.1 trillion Visks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 47,055 Visks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Bronze and marble supplies are running low as sculptors depict full-figured subjects, cheap goods stamped "Made In Dàguó" are increasingly rare, road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans, and lending money has become a major liability. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Skorvalia's national animal is the Wolverine, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Skorvalia was endorsed by The Republic of Christian Terra.
- : Skorvalia was endorsed by The Liberalistlik monarhia of Estoniia.
- : Skorvalia was endorsed by The Kaiju fan addict of Othenhiem.
- : Skorvalia was endorsed by The April Joy of Apabeossie.
- : Following new legislation in Skorvalia, lending money has become a major liability.
- : Following new legislation in Skorvalia, road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans.
- : Following new legislation in Skorvalia, cheap goods stamped "Made In Dàguó" are increasingly rare.
- : Following new legislation in Skorvalia, bronze and marble supplies are running low as sculptors depict full-figured subjects.
- : Skorvalia changed its national capital to "Rock Bottom".
- : Following new legislation in Skorvalia, all government facilities are built in the subterranean citadel of Rock Bottom.
Endorsements Received: 61 » Imperium Anglorum, Meropis, Elisabethshagen, The New Mexican Confederation, Galway-Dublin, Shaor, St Scarlett, Yahlia, Invernessia, Saint Domingo, GanymedEuropa, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Walfo, Irminsulia, Leranditale, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Thracia Republic, Owlograd, Maraleeri, Dark Matter, Rivierenland, Boldia, The Champions League, Wombelland, Hverland, Northern German Federation, Ausvelt, Vostokian Union, North of Americas, The New Nordic Union, The Seven Provinces, Jim the Baptist, The Mongol Plain, Meatsnack, Abject Ludicrosity, Destyntine, Savinecross, Republic of Satherland, Regnum Italiae, Enway, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, NorthPortugal, Someseni, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Trixeland, Kanokla, The Young Ur, Corosky, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, and 11 others.Eski, Nardin, Valtrona, Brakanistan, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Continental Social Democrats, Apabeossie, Othenhiem, Estoniia, and Christian Terra.