|Leader||The Big Buzz|
The Most Serene Republic of Shugazi is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Big Buzz with an even hand, and remarkable for its ban on automobiles, rampant corporate plagiarism, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 2.516 billion Shugazians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paradise City. The average income tax rate is 80.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Shugazian economy, worth 280 trillion leaves a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 111,635 leaves, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Priests are being drafted by the church load, the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance, the government is avowedly secular, and only persecuted professionals need apply. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shugazi's national animal is the paradise worm, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Reverb.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shugazi voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "National Economic Freedoms"".
- : Following new legislation in Shugazi, only persecuted professionals need apply.
- : Following new legislation in Shugazi, the government is avowedly secular.
- : Following new legislation in Shugazi, the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance.
- : Following new legislation in Shugazi, priests are being drafted by the church load.
- : Following new legislation in Shugazi, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Shugazi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Shugazi was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential and the Top 10% for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Shugazi was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Volkija.
- : Shugazi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
Endorsements Received: 44 » Bearded Dragones, Sparanoda, WonGya, Super Duper Nice People, North South North West Kansas, Reefinstien, Monsone, Aerlanica, Panselo, United Noble and Princely Yugo-Alba, Jhevantu, Pttdfiari, Caffeine Addicts, Rathoria, Roxium, Pogzdan, Bazkovia, Teslda, New Luciannova, Sicilian Restoration, The jaestr, Greater Anjulas, Things Are Going Poorly, Kop Wert, WhoWhoWhoWho, Recycling Bins, New Bravia, Tokists, Marionsburgh, Free Bolivington, Latcia, Great Clucky, NewOldLand, Brudishi, The Olivavan Union, Wish For Love And Peace, Oateria, Big Boys Ville, Monde Naturel, Harvestmoon, Cananirevins, Gerrrm any, Peelia, and Volkija.