|Currency||Hugs and Chewed Pencils|
The Democratic Republic of Sharold is a colossal, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.993 billion Carols enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Careold. The average income tax rate is 90.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Carold economy, worth 861 trillion Hugs and Chewed Pencils a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 95,802 Hugs and Chewed Pencils, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Refugees from other nations are flocking to Sharold's border, kindergartners' favourite dance move is the stop-drop-and-roll, schoolboys who turn to watch pretty girls go by are given detention, and foreign investment has dropped to a trickle after laws were passed preventing investors from taking their earnings abroad. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sharold's national animal is the Snail, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sharold was endorsed by The Kingdom of Shadeth.
- : Sharold was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Sharold was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Eae.
- : Sharold was endorsed by The Trans Rights of Eggraria.
- : Sharold was endorsed by The Eternal Dynasty of Comfed.
- : Following new legislation in Sharold, foreign investment has dropped to a trickle after laws were passed preventing investors from taking their earnings abroad.
- : Sharold was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Sharold was endorsed by The Kingdom of Petea.
- : Sharold was endorsed by The People's Republic of Tyrantistica.
- : Sharold was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
Endorsements Received: 84 » Sandaoguo, Kringalia, Drugged Monkeys, Farengeto, Tsunamy, Aidenfieeld, Darakin, Hanguk-Nippon, Volaworand, Sedunn, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Beepee, Rebel-topia, Auphelia, Xandev, Land Without Shrimp, Wehraboos, Amerion, Mapico, Bear Connors Paradiso, Bleakfoot, PenguinPies, Bawkie, Ebonhand, West Pastafaria, Anserisa, Holy Free, Marinho Islands, Corgitopiaa, Nowa Europa, Shefino, Myness, Midand, Concrete Slab, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Andinla, Laamiva, Tepertopia, Phanama, Treir, Holota, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Proctethia, Westenhald, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Kaleidescooptopia, Beblahbleblo, New Sanet, Danily, Anatasha, and 34 others.Damn Frigid Wastelands, Saciu, Truskawkoland, Yaravia, Drew Durrnil, The naked people, Arvan Irawer, Gonrati, Immund, Cereskia 2, Ambirich, Arscanesia, The Haughtherlands, Achemar, Kanatian Percocet, Sou Avida, Eleuthelrium, Willing Mind, Ever Testing, A Place Somewhere, Donat Invadia, Zataras, Esterwood, Leimarite Empire, Great Lothian, Froshar, Chernaya Zvezda, Brazilian impero2, The republic of Konsa, TescoPepsi, Tyrantistica, Comfed, Eae, and Shadeth.