The Republic of Sharafi is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its smutty television, sprawling nuclear power plants, and soft-spoken computers. The compassionate, democratic population of 758 million Sharafians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lamarion. The average income tax rate is 69.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Sharafian economy, worth 88.2 trillion kronor a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 116,363 kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Leader has just been declared ruler of Sharafi in an international press conference, a government program is underway to revitalize Sharafi's beaches, student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned Doveball fields, and nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers. Crime is totally unknown. Sharafi's national animal is the Dove, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sharafi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Following new legislation in Sharafi, nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers.
- : Sharafi was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Sharafi, student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned Doveball fields.
- : Following new legislation in Sharafi, a government program is underway to revitalize Sharafi's beaches.
- : Following new legislation in Sharafi, Leader has just been declared ruler of Sharafi in an international press conference.
- : Following new legislation in Sharafi, literature classes frequently go on field trips to rock concerts.
- : Following new legislation in Sharafi, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls.
- : Sharafi was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Sharafi, national park visitors are reporting a rash of poison ivy sightings.
Endorsements Received: 72 » Land Without Shrimp, Bawkie, Tepertopia, Rebel-topia, Isokenzar, Nowa Europa, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Darakin, Holota, Curlyhoward, Andinla, Tsunamy, Damn Frigid Wastelands, Amerion, Volaworand, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Treir, Aidenfieeld, Wehraboos, Yaravia, Myness, Beblahbleblo, Shefino, The Solar System Scope, Yellunstryer, Erstavik, Myhomecountry, Corgitopiaa, Bleakfoot, Chernaya Zvezda, Arscanesia, Ebonhand, Mapico, Blondiesland, Malmsia, PenguinPies, Doundaly, Doraya, Holy Free, Fasire, Sou Avida, North Kanuckistan, The Island of Sorna, Sedunn, Eastern Bahia, Farengeto, Fighting Kawi Ninja, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Jehenna, Concrete Slab, and 22 others.Esterwood, West Pastafaria, Leighester, FreeFishers, South Pernambuco, North Pernambuco, Proctethia, Froshar, Leimarite Empire, Baron Ungern and Tzar Nicholas, Saint Roberts, The republic of Konsa, Prairiegrass, Great Lothian, Lauramerica, Mnemnovia, Tyrantistica, Antwerpen1, Bistritza, Shadeth, Driodal, and Dupanda.