The Anarchy of ShadowVoltia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Nobody knows with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, absence of drug laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 10.207 billion ShadowVoltians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Utopia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 2.3%.
The all-consuming ShadowVoltian economy, worth a remarkable 1,378 trillion Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 135,069 Credits, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 473,097 per year while the poor average 27,999, a ratio of 16.9 to 1.
Coffee-addicted citizens look forward to baristas getting their name wrong at local coffee shops, the most commonly-worn shoes are concrete ones, citizens sell their moldy bread as homemade penicillin, and dentists routinely perform open heart surgery. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. ShadowVoltia's national animal is the Haxus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Capitalism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in ShadowVoltia, dentists routinely perform open heart surgery.
- : Following new legislation in ShadowVoltia, citizens sell their moldy bread as homemade penicillin.
- : Following new legislation in ShadowVoltia, the most commonly-worn shoes are concrete ones.
- : Following new legislation in ShadowVoltia, coffee-addicted citizens look forward to baristas getting their name wrong at local coffee shops.
- : Following new legislation in ShadowVoltia, the news is showing footage of Nobody knows bullying an old man to the point of tears.
- : ShadowVoltia endorsed The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : ShadowVoltia endorsed The Republic of Liberdon.
- : ShadowVoltia endorsed The Democratic Republic of Lisokyo.
- : ShadowVoltia endorsed The Imperial Matriarchy of New Afghanistani states.
- : ShadowVoltia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
Endorsements Received: 41 » New Fania, The Soylent Green Party, Nooooooooooooooo, Aspistania, Kuriko, Ignis Cinere, Better Indonesia, Oyste, Lamborghini Murcielago, Karlando, Libertaritaritaritaria, Free Land of Rebellium, Anisopterra, Krystalveil, Dustwind, Canthos, Ascended Union, Valentian Elysium, Discotheque, Randopian, The Republic of Osea, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Wysrod, Northern Nivaria, Xemja, Evertopia, Leprechaun Gold, Vivolkha, AciaciaMont, Nogalacia, Armatha, Isla Alcyon, Ehrgeizig, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Ariree, New Afghanistani states, Lisokyo, Liberdon, and Bortheria.