|Leader||Prime Minister Hacker|
The Constitutional Monarchy of Sericena is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Prime Minister Hacker with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 3.759 billion Sericenans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aeternus. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 55.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Sericenan economy, worth 644 trillion cenas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 171,498 cenas, with the richest citizens earning 6.2 times as much as the poorest.
Stylish juvenile delinquents are highly overrepresented in fatal motorcycle accidents, retired racing panthers are served truffles for breakfast, international humanitarian organisations are applauding the government for ending the death penalty, and couples kissing on the street are detained for 'unlawful exchange of genetic material'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sericena's national animal is the panther, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sericena was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential and the Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Sericena was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Sericena's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Squire".
- : Sericena applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Sericena relocated from Lazarus to The East Pacific.
- : Sericena was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Sericena ceased to exist in The East Pacific.
- : Sericena was endorsed by The Dominion of Under Sea Desert.
- : Sericena was endorsed by The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
- : Sericena was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Survivoristan.