The Matriarchy of Sedek-Cantus is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Mother with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate population of 2.26 billion Sedek-Cantusians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kalkhain. The average income tax rate is 71.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Sedek-Cantusian economy, worth 158 trillion Boonbucks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. Average income is 70,204 Boonbucks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mother claims no responsibility for what Mother's government does, veteran cops reminisce over their heavy armor days, all beauty contests have been banned, and workers tend to schedule naps during all-hands meetings. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sedek-Cantus's national animal is the Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sedek-Cantus endorsed The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Sedek-Cantus voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Sedek-Cantus was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Sedek-Cantus endorsed The Democratic Republic of Lisokyo.
- : Sedek-Cantus voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Sedek-Cantus was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Lisokyo.
- : Sedek-Cantus voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Sedek-Cantus endorsed The Gold Phoenix Queendom of Ignis Cinere.
- : Sedek-Cantus was endorsed by The Gold Phoenix Queendom of Ignis Cinere.
- : Sedek-Cantus voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
Endorsements Received: 39 » Kuriko, Free Land of Rebellium, New Fania, The Soylent Green Party, Aspistania, Dustwind, Mittal Land, Northern Nivaria, Valentian Elysium, Neojinkotsu, Krystalveil, Discotheque, Randopian, Wysrod, The Republic of Osea, Xemja, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Vill Send, Chocolate Coookies, Evertopia, Zyrcrestia, Ehrgeizig, Itic, The Biggles Syndicate, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Isentran, AciaciaMont, Liberdon, Anisopterra, Vivolkha, Echocrimsonia, Waitiki, The Pizza, Kachikawawa, PYT, Ignis Cinere, Lisokyo, and Bortheria.