|Leader||António da Silva|
The Empire of Sautu is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by António da Silva with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.008 billion Sautuans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rei. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 81.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Sautuan economy, worth 268 trillion euros a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 133,672 euros, with the richest citizens earning 5.4 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are tied down and forced to watch educational videos on empathy, 'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the Sautuan Space Agency, Sautu has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, and power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sautu's national animal is the horse, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sautu, power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky.
- : Following new legislation in Sautu, Sautu has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world.
- : Following new legislation in Sautu, 'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the Sautuan Space Agency.
- : Following new legislation in Sautu, citizens are tied down and forced to watch educational videos on empathy.
- : Following new legislation in Sautu, netizens fiercely argue over who loves António da Silva more.
- : Sautu voted against the World Assembly Resolution "End Collective Punishment".
- : Sautu voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Confederacy of Layem"".
- : Sautu voted for the World Assembly Resolution "End Collective Punishment".
- : Sautu endorsed The Allied States of Driodal.
- : Sautu endorsed The Republic of Abarri.
Endorsements Received: 82 » Holota, Shuckle Empire, Amerion, Tepertopia, Land Without Shrimp, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Corgitopiaa, Bawkie, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Yaravia, Beblahbleblo, Treir, Westenhald, Aidenfieeld, Anatasha, Wehraboos, Farengeto, Kringalia, Laamiva, Rebel-topia, Holy Free, Damn Frigid Wastelands, Drew Durrnil, PenguinPies, Concrete Slab, The naked people, Darakin, Ebonhand, Hanguk-Nippon, Arvan Irawer, Gonrati, Ambirich, Arscanesia, Immund, The Haughtherlands, Nowa Europa, Sandaoguo, Achemar, Kanatian Percocet, Malmsia, Amonguitos, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Tsunamy, Sou Avida, Eleuthelrium, Shefino, A Place Somewhere, Volaworand, Willing Mind, Erstavik, and 32 others.Ever Testing, Cucutenium, Castraebar, Berusturg, Donat Invadia, Andinla, Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, Sedunn, Zataras, Flumenvallis, Zanforadon, Esterwood, South Pernambuco, Leighester, Leimarite Empire, Ostavaria, Froshar, Chernaya Zvezda, Baron Ungern and Tzar Nicholas, The republic of Konsa, Great Lothian, Bonobiana, Tyrantistica, Blondiesland, Comfed, TescoPepsi, Goom Bay, Eae, Shadeth, Antwerpen1, Abarri, and Driodal.