The Socialist Federal Republic of Saorta is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Chelomey Andreevna with a fair hand, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, rampant corporate plagiarism, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.415 billion Saortans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Miasto. The average income tax rate is 97.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Saortan economy, worth 537 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 157,337 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has declared its commitment to multilateralism, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings, and politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Saorta's national animal is the parrot, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Saorta, politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech.
- : Following new legislation in Saorta, artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings.
- : Following new legislation in Saorta, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
- : Following new legislation in Saorta, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism.
- : Following new legislation in Saorta, the WhoTube comments section has gone strangely quiet.
- : Saorta was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry and Highest Average Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Saorta, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers.
- : Following new legislation in Saorta, in a baffling press conference Chelomey Andreevna proudly dismantled a broken door.
- : Following new legislation in Saorta, hipster cyclists declare that "metal is dead".
- : Following new legislation in Saorta, producers insist that movie stars wear crash helmets in every scene.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Karelianastan, Karnpella, Kethania, Ganjallia, Luftetia, Rothnia, The Tsardom of Muscovy, Marxmeans, Council of America, Bibliophilius, Picuros, Feyrisshire, Seungli, Whatevernext, Maogeji, Bruzzundunga, Keltische, Shamian, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, Zarogovnia, Tastiana, Tranbian, Mallissa, Brauengen, Floreznia, Koshuri, Yeniseisk, Grand Pato, Kheltchistan, Councilist Communes, Soviet State of Covernant, Phallas, Terlas, Pangeaeae, Timofeyland, The Aquaria, The Bon Fa Islands, Boyarkinskaya, Kraykon, Hollowcrown, Wice, Drachmia, The Steephills, Estau, Sodoran Alesia, New Glaciers, Rohvenn, 104 Partisans, Yutopia, The Transmanian Islands, and 9 others.The Movion, Arpol, Halsoni, Socialist Balkon, Vinidad, Europa volksdemokratisch sozialistisch, Heitoria, Flying-Penguins, and Carrico.