The United Kingdom of Sanron is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Asma Malik with a fair hand, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.675 billion Sanronians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New-Lincoln-Upon-Trent. The average income tax rate is 37.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Sanronian economy, worth 153 trillion pounds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 91,470 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders, turnstile jumpers grow up to be tax cheats, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries, and explicit slash fiction is repackaged for kindergarten kids as stories about friends cuddling friends. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Sanron's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Anglicanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sanron was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Sanron voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Sanron changed its national capital to "New-Lincoln-Upon-Trent", its faith to "Anglicanism", and its leader to "Asma Malik".
- : Following new legislation in Sanron, explicit slash fiction is repackaged for kindergarten kids as stories about friends cuddling friends.
- : Sanron endorsed The Federal Republic of United Kolance.
- : Sanron endorsed The Republic of Lisokyo.
- : Sanron endorsed The Federal Republic of Vayshnoriya Islands.
- : Following new legislation in Sanron, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries.
- : Following new legislation in Sanron, turnstile jumpers grow up to be tax cheats.
- : Following new legislation in Sanron, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders.
Endorsements Received: 33 » Grimmywelsh, Selu-Ahare, Free Land of Rebellium, Liberdon, Alski, Xanthorrhoea, The Democratic State Of Josora, Anollasia, Krystalveil, Wysrod, Evertopia, Nolgonia, Faradova, Macrasetia, The Galactic American Imperium, Maconshinbernititte, Samonaemia, Hashari Darussalam, Aquachromia, Dustwind, Kaprein, Ilfarasia, Geonomia, Solsevara, Greater Theowherveld, Markanite, Jaegerpondonia, Boroii, Namakan, Dolorado, Vayshnoriya Islands, Lisokyo, and United Kolance.