The Republic of Roten Vaterlandes is a very large, orderly nation, notable for its state-planned economy and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 124 million arbeiters are ruled with an iron fist by the socialist government, which grants its people the freedom to do whatever they like so long as it doesn't involve getting richer than anybody else or challenging the government.
The medium-sized, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 36.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant vaterländisch economy, worth 1.15 trillion marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Pizza Delivery, Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 9,270 marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Roten Vaterlandes's national animal is the eagle.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Roten Vaterlandes's influence in The Communist Bloc rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Roten Vaterlandes's influence in The Communist Bloc rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Roten Vaterlandes published "Rheinland War (1921-1924)" (Factbook: History).
- : Roten Vaterlandes was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Roten Vaterlandes published "Der endlose Krieg" (Factbook: History).
- : Roten Vaterlandes's influence in The Communist Bloc rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Roten Vaterlandes relocated from The North Pacific to The Communist Bloc.
- : Roten Vaterlandes changed its national motto to "Auf den Barrikaden!".
- : Roten Vaterlandes altered its national flag.
- : Roten Vaterlandes changed its national demonym to "arbeiter" and its demonym adjective to "vaterländisch".