The Colony of Roosia Sembilan is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-working, devout population of 354 million Roosians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 19.5%.
The strong Roosian economy, worth 16.9 trillion Rutiis a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Cheese Exports, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 47,823 Rutiis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Dentists routinely perform open heart surgery, the housing market has collapsed like an overbaked Brancalandian souffle, late night adverts for breast milk co-ops regularly win pornography industry awards, and dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws. Crime is well under control, thanks to a capable police force. Roosia Sembilan's national animal is the Beruang Hutan, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Roosia Sembilan's influence in Nihon rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Roosia Sembilan resigned as be ashamed peasant of Forgotten.
- : The Republic of Disappear removed Appearance, Communications, and Embassies authority from Roosia Sembilan and renamed the office from "TWPirate" to "be ashamed peasant" in Forgotten.
- : Roosia Sembilan relocated from Forgotten to Nihon.
- : Roosia Sembilan proposed constructing embassies between Forgotten and Doll Guldur.
- : Roosia Sembilan added the tag "Invader" to Forgotten.
- : Roosia Sembilan added the tag "Snarky" to Forgotten.
- : Roosia Sembilan altered the regional flag of Forgotten.
- : Roosia Sembilan updated the World Factbook entry in Forgotten.
- : Roosia Sembilan resigned from the World Assembly.