|Leader||Adriaan van Oranje|
The Principality of Riversedge is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Adriaan van Oranje with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, pith helmet sales, and otherworldly petting zoo. The hard-working population of 1.044 billion Riversedgeans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Redwater. The average income tax rate is 66.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Riversedgean economy, worth 138 trillion ducats a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 132,336 ducats, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Bouncers at the door of the sweet shop warn five-year-olds not to cause trouble, government officials across Riversedge are being "encouraged" to adopt banana slugs to set an example for the populace, Adriaan van Oranje's exquisite office door is replaced monthly due to angry petitioners, and carefully-staged grief is displayed by Adriaan van Oranje after national disasters. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Riversedge's national animal is the banana slug, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Riversedge, carefully-staged grief is displayed by Adriaan van Oranje after national disasters.
- : Following new legislation in Riversedge, Adriaan van Oranje's exquisite office door is replaced monthly due to angry petitioners.
- : Following new legislation in Riversedge, government officials across Riversedge are being "encouraged" to adopt banana slugs to set an example for the populace.
- : Following new legislation in Riversedge, bouncers at the door of the sweet shop warn five-year-olds not to cause trouble.
- : Riversedge was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Riversedge, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables.
- : Following new legislation in Riversedge, rich people sell their mansions to pay for endless rows of mobile homes.
- : Following new legislation in Riversedge, the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments.
- : Following new legislation in Riversedge, a referendum must be held in order for any new law to be passed.
- : Following new legislation in Riversedge, ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products.
Endorsements Received: 163 » Notyoutopia, Territorio di Nessuno, Corfad, The Rhein States, Shibutani, Shigonia, Pallaith, Siwale, ISOP, Shin-Hachioji, Sinelona, Yaorozu, Malta Comino Gozo, Great Bights Mum, Sunto, Koda-Land, Selfgradatude, PlanetPunk, Bayern-Straubing, Kwaj, The United States of Romania, Holy Oranz, Sil Dorsett, Snoodum, New Bremerton, THX1138, Californian Redwood, Sundred, Spartoptia, Wineclaw, Dar es Saalam, Wilkshire, Shadowrik, Newpromisedland, Universal State Formula, Frances Francis the First of France, Sanjurika, Vincone Cae, Uganda Knuckles UK, North Bratislava, United Draconia, Kasazzastan, Former English Colony, Sakaryata, Votak Matim, Valhalla123, Ethnon, The Iron Lions, Cloydicia, Highton Islands, and 113 others.Potatolandium, Agrauron, Diodone, Yarecir, New Pruessen, El Fiji Grande, Napnomadia, Sheldanada, Bearical, Niradans, Omnistria, Ka Ching, Unsophisticate, Australiland, Hong Kong Empire, Black Templares, Lunallian, Empy, Dreadton, Xentherida, Federation Terra Australis, Outer Egorniand, The Pantheons, Ninjak30, Amauri, Yukti, The South Falls, Partax, Maott, The Windmilluminati, General COE, SillyString, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Ethereal Expanse, Panama Coalition, Asgardira, Ostrolia, Pasargad, Tianqing, Buckerino, Pleroma Sans Romans, East Wushen, Cinnibar, Erwo Stal, Castle Federation, Anna Airters, Felpolandia, COCONUT-CITY, Calamazo, Alunya, Moubarakistan, Plumas, Joodey, Ainsworth, Ozstan, Steraz, Atain, Kyrianian, The Sinclarian Provinces, Suicidistan, Justanistan, Guer Aike, Acrabinnia, Q w e r t y, Ofemerica, Egalico, Tappan Hills, Solmetria, Jasminlandia, Torakuen, Guslantis, Ara Antrizuls, Kirostan, The Notorious Mad Jack, Novare Res, Racoda, Ibiscaton, Saturns Edge, Peldorn, Zemnaya Svoboda, Steampunk Ariel, Plangainer, VarDrade, Trillius, Kulgatha, Misuvelia, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Sea Ghost, Unimaginable Doom, National Goats, Ejhsa, Chinese Japanese And Koreans, Liberum Mundi, Seidr Wyrd, Victoriaans Nederlands, Apetopia, Coprianus, Lomjia, Bananoonza, Thiammyalllaland, 1 very fast endotarter, Ikea Rike, Free Azzaca, Vikingiarchy, Aratani, British Pacific Islands, Loutsland, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Haor Chall, Noahs Second Country, Test for a new hope, Rynion, and Elder Realms.