The Republic of Rijland is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 427 million Rijlandians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ira. The average income tax rate is 70.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Rijlandian economy, worth 36.0 trillion Ris a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 84,418 Ris, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Police struggle to solve crimes due to the lack of fingerprint records, criminals always seem to be forewarned of police raids, a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Rijlandian politicians, and unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rijland's national animal is the Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Rijland, unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police.
- : Following new legislation in Rijland, a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Rijlandian politicians.
- : Following new legislation in Rijland, criminals always seem to be forewarned of police raids.
- : Following new legislation in Rijland, police struggle to solve crimes due to the lack of fingerprint records.
- : Following new legislation in Rijland, grinding bureaucracy has the international wheels of justice turning slowly.
- : Following new legislation in Rijland, the right school tie opens more doors than the right qualification.
- : Following new legislation in Rijland, former arsonists can be found on local fire brigades.
- : Following new legislation in Rijland, interest in globalism never flags.
- : Rijland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Rijland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
Endorsements Received: 119 » Republic of Satherland, Regnum Italiae, Slavonia and Srijem, Brakanistan, St Scarlett, Super Happy Land, Belgique et France, Domton, Umeria, Outer Sparta, Kalifer and Baska, Northern German Federation, Walfo, Falvaard, The Fair Republic, Socialist Balkans, Elisabethshagen, Thracia Republic, Troltovia, Lord Sapre, Carphelia, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Wessex and Cornwall, Shagolaa, Bohomo, Kaspinia, GanymedEuropa, Jim the Baptist, Kardjali, Weltbeherrschung, Nea Europa, Free Furentenia, The Seven Provinces, Viciebskaja, Nardin, Purgatio, Soviet Taoistan, Pilipinas and Malaya, Bahnhofstrasse, Ostermarch, Wombelland, Galway-Dublin, The Scandinavian Realm, Dark Matter, Anskerdank, Blighteria, Enway, British Alban, Irminsulia, and 69 others.South St Maarten, Einswenn, Lieges, Puerto Thelosia, Boldia, North of Americas, Slavorussia, Chioganah, The Mongol Plain, Quentenia, Mallesia, Corthaen, Nuweland, Saiwania, Leszno, Eritei, Yoannes, Maritzal, Dauershire, Trixeland, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Arorska, Amicities, Germany Third Reich, Garya, Bounapartia, Migurson, Velosia, Rouvenor, Thracia and Crimea, The New Nordic Union, Lovisa, New Ylicia, Milfgaerd, Imperium Anglorum, Invernessia, Evergreen Keys, ENOTRIA, Capitun, The Peoples Republic of Suffolk, Rotenstein, Pazano, Volara, Greater Tomland, Durlia, Legique, Feria-Alkaline, The-British-Isles, The Ivory Tower of Academia, Elitestland, An Clar, Stromia, Rhinowolf, Lyallpur, Sienkahn, Leranditale, Eesenland, Supcotia, Diets, Jarmia, New Petra, Nation of Warfare, Continental Social Democrats, Riverpost, Novabritannia, Alba-Nord, Kanokla, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, and Daarwyrth.